View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 05:33 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Richardson has been a bit of a disappointment thus far this year. Of the starting 5 he is the only one shooting under 45%. He is shooting a woeful 38% this year and I have read where the Suns may be looking to move him.

I think a lot of the Suns success has to do with getting Marbury out of there and deciding to build the team around Amare. Stoudemire's game has exploded since Marbury was traded. This team is built a lot like the Dallas squads that Nash used to lead. They have five guys capable of dropping 30 any given night of week. When you have that much firepower where the team is shooting .478 from the field and four starters are shooting over .450 it becomes awful tough to try and double anyone on the the floor. On top of that all five guys are athletic players who get up and down the floor.

As for Marion's nickname I would guess it probably has something to do with all the acrobatics he engages in when he drives to the hoop. He does and awful lot of twisting, turning, and contorting kind of like the guys in the Matrix do in the wire fighting scenes.

FYI, Amare is 22 years old.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote