View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default Santana to the Redsox??

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...icleid=1046361

It is no secret that the Twins will shop Santana before the season starts. Rumor has it they would like to unload him now and get more value then wait till the July 31st deadline.

If Santana does stay with Minnesota this season then you gotta believe the Yankees will pay him anything he wants once he becomes a free agent.

Quote:
Indications are that the Twins have already inquired about center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury and right-hander Clay Buchholz, plus other top prospects.

A more realistic package, perhaps, would have Coco Crisp filling Minnesota’s hole in center field that free agent Torii Hunter left behind and one of two top starting prospects, Buchholz or lefty Jon Lester, entering the mix. The Sox would likely have to include at least one other proven major league talent, plus one, more likely two, other minor leaguers. The Twins are known to be high on Crisp.

One major league source familiar with the Sox’ thinking said that a package of both Buchholz and Lester, or one of those pitchers and Ellsbury, would be “way too rich” for the team to part with. .
I would like to see Santana with the Redsox - especially with Schilling out the door next season. I could live with losing Lester or Bucholtz along with Crisp. No way can they throw Ellsbury in the deal... that kid's gonna be something special in CF.