View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 03:39 AM   #26
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Spike is on a distinguished road
Default Pregame thoughts of Game 2

Actually, after thinking about it, I think the Mavericks will win Game 2 because the Mavericks won't miss that many open shots again and you'll never ever again see that stretch of 7 scoreless minutes the Mavericks had in Game 1 now that the rust is off.

And because Nellie and Del Harris are 2 of the best X's and O's people in the game. They're going to have something "special" for tomorrow I bet. I really don't think home court means much in any series until the ultimate deciding game (Game 5 in the first round, Game 7 in other rounds. Just look at Game 5 of all first round series this season). Especially in this series with 2 of the better road teams in the league.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:

No I would never say Mavs in 4 the Kings are too good to lose to the Mavs in 4 games, Kings played great defence tonight, Doug Christie is such a great defender and anyone who wants to learn how to play defence watch Doug Christie.
Yeah Doug Christie is definitely an unsung hero on this team. I don't know where this team would be without his defense. Nick Anderson played that spot previously here and he was horrible and a crybaby to his own team.

Now having said that do you know what I would do if I was Dallas? You can't let Divac and Webber dominate in the post if they're going to setup shop down there time and time again. I would take Christie's man and use him to double team Webber and Divac all the time from the start of the game because Christie had a horrible shooting Game 1 and really didn't do anything big offensively till he hit that big left wing three late in 4th Quarter.

Quote:
Originally posted by mjames:

The Kings do have a tendancy to get on the refs and start blaming them - it effects their play.
Yeah that's true. They did that that Utah series too. Other team's busy scoring while their complaining. Vlade's a great, nice guy off the court but he should just shut up sometimes. He really didn't have anything to complain about Game 1. Webber though I thought kind of got jobbed with those fouls. 5 or at least 4 of those were offensive but I've seen other post guys on other teams back down defenders like Chris did and never get called for the charge.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote