View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #94
Brad O.

Brad O. will become famous soon enough

Whew, very disappointing night from Strikeforce. Three lop-sided fights go the distance with minimal action, capped off by an ugly brawl. Nick and Nate need a goddam baby-sitter. The Cesar Gracie camp has serious issues with professionalism and respect for the sport, and it may have just killed Strikeforce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I'm guessing it has something to do with Korea, as Chosen/Chosin/Chosyn (various spellings have been used) is an archaic name for Korea.
Is he Korean? To me, "The Chosyn 1" looks like the way a guy who's been hit in the head too many times thinks it would be cool to spell "The Chosen One". It looks like he's ripping off Justin McCully, who has an incredibly stupid nickname to begin with. Who looks at McCully and thinks, "Man, that guy has got the right idea"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
And speaking of wrestlers, King Mo cleaned up tonight, just like I knew he would.
Yeah, I was shocked by how easily he won. I think he lost a lot of fans in that fight, though. That was lay and pray. He didn't attempt any subs, he didn't improve his position, and he didn't land very many strikes from guard. He just stayed on top and wouldn't let the guy up.

Quote:
Who has Gergard Mousasi ever beaten? Goofy, Dopey, Pluto, and Babalu.
Denis Kang, Melvin Manhoef, and Jacare aren't exactly nobodies. And Gegard looked really impressive in his wins. It wasn't just that he kept winning, he did it in dominant fashion. But I guess if you don't have takedown defense, and you've got Big John reffing, you're going to spend 25 minutes on your back and lose a decision.

I'd be interested to see Mo fight a guy with a really good offensive guard, or top-notch takedown defense. BTW, were you at all surprised at how easily Shields kept taking down Henderson?

Quote:
Junie was going on constantly about "you light-heavyweights" picking on him
Yeah, now that you mention it I do remember one time he used that phrase, out on the balcony I think. Just the once though, wasn't it?

Quote:
Well they say horrible things about Jake Shields in the usual places
Well, his tedious fight against Mayhem certainly earned some unhappy comments, but I don't recall people accusing him of being "soft", just a boring wrestler.

Quote:
But you mean you are not surprised that Rashad was included on the list?
I would have been surprised if he wasn't on the list. I've never disagreed that he's a relatively small 205, and the rest of the list was also guys who don't need to cut a weight class. Does anyone really think Edgar would be better off fighting at 145, or that Fdor should cut to MW?
Brad O. is offline   Reply With Quote