View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #98
Brad O.

Brad O. will become famous soon enough

Wow, I don't think any of that is going to happen.

It seems like you think a lot more highly of Rampage than I do. I expect Rashad to beat him, probably by decision. Why on earth would you say that someone who has one KO in the last three years will "probably" KO someone who's only been knocked out once? Since Jackson joined the UFC in 2007, Rashad has more KO wins than 'Page does, and he has fewer KO losses in his career than Jackson does.

I think Shogun will beat whoever wins at 114. When they met previously, Shogun "utterly dismantled" Rampage, and that's when 'Page was still in his prime. Jackson has one impressive fight in the last two years. I can't see him beating Shogun, especially a decisive "dismantling".

Anderson Silva moving up to LHW is a possibility, but I don't think the UFC will let it happen before he fights Sonnen and Belfort, at least.

Rashad will "very quickly" win the MW belt if he drops weights? That's a crowded division: Silva, Sonnen, Belfort, Okami, Marquardt, Maia, Belcher, Akiyami, Wanderlei... A healthy, together Vitor Belfort could be a real force at 185. And don't forget that Rich Franklin could drop back to MW if Anderson Silva comes to 205. That would make 185 very interesting.

Not sure if you were joking about Daley against Mayhem, but I guess it's a possibility. Wouldn't happen any time soon, for PR reasons, and they fight in different weight classes, but never say never.
Brad O. is offline   Reply With Quote