Sat 09/30/2006 Iowa Iowa City, Iowa TBA
Sat 10/07/2006 Bowling Green Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat 10/14/2006 Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. TBA
Sat 10/21/2006 Indiana Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat 10/28/2006 Minnesota Columbus, Ohio TBA
Sat 11/04/2006 Illinois Champaign, Ill. TBA
Sat 11/11/2006 Northwestern Evanston, Ill. TBA
Sat 11/18/2006 Michigan Columbus, Ohio

This is a favorable schedule for a strong run. Bowling Green and Northern Illinois, (as Buckeye pointed out) are two of the tougher MAC teams and will likely not be put away quickly. Since the Buckeyes return all of their explosive skill players except Santonio Holmes, but lose 7 out of 11 on defense, I think we will see a year that resembles a typical OSU year...looking vulnerable in the early part of the year and then rolling through the latter part of the schedule and their bowl game. I think 11-1 is my first prediction, with a loss to Texas (Vince Young returning or not). The Big Ten schedule is extremely favorable, with Penn State and Michigan at home. Tougest road conference opponent is Iowa. If we lose to anyone in the Big Ten, it's gonna be to PSU again as they get us early. If we beat Michigan it'll be for the sixth time in seven years, I believe?

AKRON: They kick off next season in Happy Valley, as Penn State finally gets to play in a REAL bowl game, or what I like to call the Midwestern Conferences Championship game (MAC Champs vs Big Ten Champs).

All kidding aside, I'd like to find some angle why Akron might hang, but I can't. Like the last time these two teams met last year, the game will be out of reach midway through the second quarter.

As far as the rest of the Zips' schedule, it's not realeased, but other than Penn State they travel to North Carolina State and Cincinnati, and they have one more slot to fill, probably a 1-AA school.

I do like Akron's chances to contend for a MAC title....they return a lot of key parts to their defense (#1 in the MAC last year), and JD Brookhart(their coach) is something of a offensive guru. QB Luke Getsey is back and will have more 400 yard games, but their workhorse RB (Brett Biggs) as well as the poster boy for their championship run this year, WR Domenik Hixon. They get Ohio State again in 2007 and 2011.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote