View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #14
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Wisconsin is loaded. If they get "decent" play from the quarterback position and can navigate a tough November schedule they have a real shot at the BCS Title Game.

USC has a killer schedule (per usual). I see a loss somewhere...maybe Arizona State.

Texas has a weak schedule. Not one BCS team in non-conf and they get TCU at home.
Wisconsin isn't loaded. They have a good tailback and a strong defense, maybe the best in the Big Ten, but they have a rather pedestrian group of skill players on offense and as we have seen over the past couple of years, that is what makes you a MNC contender (Texas, Florida, Southern Cal, Oklahoma, etc.). I really like the tight end, Travis Beckum, but other than him no one on offense is going to create serious mismatches for opposing defenses.

They have an excellent shot at winning the Big Ten but they'll drop at least two of three between Penn State (road), Ohio State (road), and Michigan easily.

As for them being elite, I have to agree with digital. Wisconsin needs to play for a national title before they get to that next level. They haven't done that within the past two decades, or even since the mid-'30s when the "modern" polls came out to decide champions. They remind me a lot of Texas A&M from the '80s and '90s- they're a good program but they're right on the cusp of being an elite program, they're just not quite there yet. If John Stocco was back this season, I think they could've taken the leap.