View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #80
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

I live 10 minutes away from my work. Most people live 30-40 minutes+.
If I walked to work, it would take me at least 45 minutes, and I'd be in
really bad shape by the time I got there, because I'm disabled.

No prolbem Phil. That's legit.

BUT...

Tell me about all the cars you see on the Santa Monica or Ventura with one person in the car. The carpool lanes are so much faster cuz nobody uses them that it's actually worth going to pick someone up near you and then driving to work...IF POSSIBLE. My wife did that when we lived out there.

The point is, gas prices have doubled in the past two years (i.e. when
Nancy Pelosi took over the Speakership)

I have no idea what this association is meant to imply.

We need the damn oil, and it just
doesn't wash to hear Obama saying "walk to work" or "inflate your tires".
The Democratic Party is so in the stranglehold of the environmentalist
lobby that they would rather cripple the American economy and sell out
the lower class (whom they claim they live for) with what amounts to a
repressive tax on the poor.

The economic system we have ( a mixed economy slanted toward capitalism if ya ask me) is antiquated and not viable for large segments of the population. Not sure how this is a newsflash but every industry (oil, food, education etc) is a repressive tax on the poor under capitalism because goods/services aren't infinite and distributed based on need.

The lower class...as you put it...was struggling long before gas went up now, six months ago, or 6 years ago...so I don't know what that has to do with anything. We probably have different views on where rich, middle and lower class begins though.

Conservatives, like me and Cat, are not a bunch of polluters either. We
are concerned about cleaning up localized pollution. We would like to see
alternative fuels created. But, we are realistic. Our position is
that we can, and should, produce as much of our own oil as possible,
instead of buying it all at inflated prices from countries that want to kill
us, while we wait for those alternative fuels to come, if they even
exist.

We buy everything from nations that want to kill us so why is oil so special? If you're sitting at your desk Phil, pick up 10 items around you and tell me how many of 'em were made in Asia (specifically China or India).

Capitalism dictates that profit is paramount over environment, physical health of all peoples and military security. If you have a problem with our trading/buying habits I'd be more than happy to lead the charge for a self-sufficient (or nearly) U.S. economy based on the following criteria...

1. We decide, AS A PEOPLE, what we value and produce said goods/services.
2. We don't import.

Works for nations (not as a whole but they come close and at least try) like Norway, Sweden, Denmark etc.

But then again...we all know what economic system that leans toward...

Global warming is also a crock. It's been proven wrong by NOAA this year,and it a harmful misdirection of our efforts.

I have no idea what global warming has to do with anything but if you're telling me that the MAINSTREAM Democratic Party in this nation that serves under the guise of protecting the environment is using it to promote political gains...I'd agree with you.

In any event, I don't believe in it and never have.

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 08-21-2008 at 03:08 PM.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote