View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #52
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibachiDG View Post
Yeah, leaving Hudson on the bench every game was absolutely silly. Torre also did a ridiculously bad job with the pitching rotation. Billingsley not a starter, going with Padilla tonight over Kershaw. Just awful stuff out of Torre.
I don't know, from what I saw out of Kershaw in relief it did not look as though he had much to offer anyway. He was topping out around 93 on the gun when he is typically pushing triple digits.

To be fair I am not sure how one makes a case for Kershaw over Padilla when he was awful in game one while Padilla gave the Dodgers seven strong innings in game two.

Quote:
I don't want to say Torre lost them that series, but, he did not put them on their best footing and you need to be at your best the way these Phillies play.
I have never ever been a huge fan of Torre as a manager. He is the Phil Jackson of baseball. He is great at rallying the troops and building team chemistry but the nuances and strategy of the game are lost on him.

Just to tell you how little ESPN cares about the NLCS they feel compelled enough to send Tim Kurkjian to cover the ALCS but did not send anyone to cover the NLCS.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote