View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #54
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Here is the ultimate argument for why you don't go with Kershaw last night. He was not sharp in game one and for his career he is 0-3 with a 6.64 ERA. Not to mention in two starts at Citizen's Bank he is 0-2 with a 10.80 ERA. In his two starts in Philly he has failed to make it out of the fifth inning and gave up four runs in one game and six in the other.

The numbers simply do not support the idea that Kershaw is any better of a choice than Padilla was. He has never pitched well in Philly so why would you bet your season that he would come through for you last night?

Another thing to consider is it is quite possible that Kershaw told Torre he did not think he could give him more than two or three innings last night.

I get what you are saying about Padilla but up until last night he had been their best pitcher this post season and had given them two strong starts while Kershaw gave them one solid start against the Cards and not much in his second start against the Phils.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote