Thread: Tom Brady
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
I don't know why the Super Bowl thing is so important. I know that is the ultimate goal of a team, but one player can't win a ring. Hell, players like Trent Dilfer have super bowl rings. Big Ben has a ring. That doesn't define a great QB, or at least it shouldn't.

Brady is good. No, Brady is great. But he is also playing for one of the best franchises in all of sports history. Granted, he is part of that greatness. I simply think he benefits from playing for such a great team.

I guess the way I see it is like this:

If Brady played for any other team would we even consider him in the top ten?
Great points. I agree ONE superbowl means nothing. But we are talking about a QB that has 3. Three with mediorce players. There was ONE probowler on that 2001 team that year. And it was a defensive player.
If he played for any other team I truly believe he would have a SB ring. If you can win one with guys like JR Redman, Jermain Wiggins - you can win with anybody in this league.