View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

OK, OK, OK. I'm pro-life, but I find a serious problem with this. And just to clarify things before I go on, this doesn't even become a law until July 1st and even then a federal judge will most likely stop the law and then it will be taken to the Supreme Court and then, and only if it wins in the Supreme Court will it actually become a law. It's got a long road ahead of it...it's going to take some time.

As for why I find a problem, simple: this is directly going against federal law. Legalized abortion is a federal law. And federal law is the supreme law of the land and takes precident over state (and local) laws. I can tell you right now that this is going to the Supreme Court and that is why this whole law made: to challenge the Supreme Court ruling of Roe v. Wade.

Abortion is wrong and it is the killing of an innocent - not to mention voicelss - child, but that's not what I'm debating here. I'm here to say that it's not right for a state law to go against federal law. Does anybody else see a problem with it.

I will, though, say I'm impressed that a state like South Dakota is the one taking on this issue and I'm glad to see that some federal laws are finally beginning to be tested.

This is definately going to be interesting to see how it plays out.