View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 11:43 AM   #5
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

I actually think the Big 12 is soft this season compared to all the accolades they get as a top conference. If anything I think it is very very close between the SEC and the Big 10 for the honors of top conference in college football.

The SEC has 3 top 10 teams, and 5 in the top 17, which gives them the slight edge over the Big 10.

The Big 12's 2nd best team, Texas, lost to the SEC's 6th or 7th best team in Arkanslaw at home. Oklahoma had it's toughest game vs. an SEC opponent, and an SEC opponent that is ranked 9th in their conference. The Big 12 does get some props for Texas Tech beating Ole Miss early in the season 49-45 in Oxford.

Besides Oklahoma and Nebraska, for most of the season, there was not much defense played in the Big 12. I think Oklahoma has had an easy way to the National title game, not saying they would not have made it if they were in the Big 10 or SEC, but I think they would have been tested more in either of those 2 conferences.

Joey