View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 12:06 AM   #69
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndo
Doug you definitely have a point, but have you compared the actual rules in place during Jordan's time and current rules, as Pippen referred to?
Oh, I agree that the handchecking rules currently in place are ridiculous, but if the rules don't factor into things, what is the point of referencing the rules? You've seen them both play, right? Who had tougher D played against them on a more consistent basis? Pippen applied the rule changes as a crutch.

Boston, I haven't looked up anything online about the Wilt game in a while, so I'm not sure what's out there online. Probably something on here, google it, maybe wikipedia. There's a radio guy in Philadelphia, actually, radio guy is a bad way to refer to him. He does a 2-3 hour show on Sundays, or at least did in the 90s. But he's a big basketball guy, Sonny Hill. One of the most knowledgeable folks I've had the chance to hear talk about the game on a significant basis. He'd always have old time Philly hoops guys on to talk about Wilt and sometimes the 100 game got brought up. I don't want to get too sidetracked looking up that game.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote