View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #11
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I disagree with this completely
Take a look at the percent of Kansas population that voted for Bush.

Kansas has not supported a Democratic presidential candidate since 1964,when Lyndon B. Johnson won the state's electoral vote, and Republican candidates have carried Kansas in every election except one since 1940. In 2004, George W. Bush won the state's 6 electoral votes by an overwhelming margin of 25 percentage points with 62% of the vote. The only two counties to support Democrat John Kerry were Wyandotte, which contains Kansas City, and Douglas, which contains the college town of Lawrence.
That is what I call a red state through and through.

I don't know how to explain the democratic victories on the state level.

On the national radar, they vote heavily on the conservative side.

Since the 1960s, Kansas has grown more socially conservative. The 1990s brought new restrictions on abortion, the defeat of prominent Democrats, including Dan Glickman, and the Kansas State Board of Education's 1999 decision to eliminate the theory of evolution from the state teaching standards, a decision that was later reversed.[13] In 2005, voters accepted a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage. The next year, the state passed a law setting a minimum age for marriage at 15 years. [14]

Kansas is considered to be one of the most Republican states in the nation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas#State_law

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote