View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #19
luke broadbent
Grizzled Veteran

luke broadbent is on a distinguished road

Schiavone was fantastic in the final. She was very aggressive, particularly with her returning early on in games to lay down her marker for the rest of the game. She never really let Stosur play her game.

I would be surprised if she goes on to do anything else spectacular in her career, but right now I don't think she really cares about that.

I only hope Stosur can bounce back from this loss, especially since she went in as the favourite and never really had control of the match at any point. Hopefully she can look back on the French Open in a few days time and remember she is the player who beat three former No.1's. She's proven she's got the game, so hopefully she can put this behind her.

I'm going to say Nadal will win in four sets. If the weather isn't as hot as it was on Friday, and I don't think it will be then Soderling will have more of a chance and perhaps he could nick another set, but I still see Rafa winning. I expect the sets to be quite tight as well, maybe a couple of tie-breaks in there.
luke broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote