View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At the running back position, the pendulum has undeniably swung toward physical, power runners like Adrian Peterson, Brandon Jacobs, LenDale White, Marion Barber, Matt Forte, Ryan Grant etc. Yet Reid insists on sticking with what is clearly an outdated approach.
This is hilarious.

Adrian Peterson is not representative of a change in approaches to winning football games. He is just flat out awesome.

Ryan Grant had one good season and Forte has had an excellent rookie season.

What is the one thing that Jacobs, White and Barber have in common? They are at their best with a change of pace running back in there, and in White's case, the smaller slashing running back has been absolutely the most important aspect of the Titans run game.

Quote:
What is so "competitive" about (almost certainly) finishing last in the NFC East two years in a row
Right, I just think that their best chance in getting back on track is different than you do. I don't think McNabb is the biggest issue that they have. Defensively they just aren't as good as a football team as they have been in the past. I'm not too concerned about RB or WR, I think that's a waste of time for the most part. They're fine enough at both those spots. Would I like a more physical runner to go with Westbrook? Absolutely, but I'd rather have Westbrook healthy before anything else.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote