Thread: Unit Rankings
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #6
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Levers View Post
Penn State doesn't have anywhere near the depth that UF does, and while I don't pay a whole lot of attention to Pac-10 football, Cal only has DeSean Jackson from what I have seen. Maybe one of our west coast people could enlighten me to the rest of Cal's WR group.
Quite the contrary. Penn State has three receivers with two years of starting experience (all juniors) and all three had 40+ catches last season. Terrell Golden is a senior and has been seeing the field since his redshirt freshman season. Chris Bell was one of the top receiving prospects two years ago. Add in Andrew Quarless at TE (unclear whether this list includes the TE as an OL or a WR), one of the rising stars across the nation, and Brett Brackett, Kevin Cousins, and James McDonald for depth and you get a pretty nice unit. PSU's receivers just didn't get much attention last season since Morelli sucked rotten eggs up until the Outback Bowl, and then that was probably one of the poorer performances for the receivers as a group (a ton of dropped balls).

I don't know whether PSU has the #2 receiving corps but it's without a doubt top 5.