View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #5115
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
See you're making new football buddies, Buck.
Hey, I'm a man of the people. :thumbup:

I never mentioned that in 1987 Dent had more sacks than Doleman and Mann (NFC pro bowl reps) despite playing in 4 less games and that 4.5 of those sacks came in the final two contests (after pro bowl voting was complete).

I also didn't mention that in 1988 Dent had 10.5 sacks, more than Pro Bowlers Doleman (8) and Mann (5.5) but he played in only 13 games as his season ended in late November with a broken leg. Injured players don't get voted to the Pro Bowl.

I also let it slide when one of the two stat-crazed nuts actually made an opinion by saying Dent was known to take plays off. I never asked for some kind of source nor did I bring up the fact that this same poster supports Deion Sanders for the HOF.

No, Sanders never took a play off. Just as long as you don't include the ones when a ball carrier was within 15 yards of him...

Not saying Doleman shouldn't be in. CLEARLY should. But so should Dent.

See, now here's a good place to discuss football. That way I can avoid the stat-freaks and only communicate with the knowledgeable folks.

:thumbup:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote