Thread: Concert Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I saw Dave Matthews Band back in June when they came to Hartford. The show we got was excellent. They played a lot of the older songs (not one song from the god awful Everyday and Stand Up album). Much better than when I saw them last August.
Yeah I thought so too. This year's show that we went to had tons more improvisation than last year. Another thing that blew me away, that I forgot to mention, is we got the second show after LeRoi Moore, one of their horn players, I think he usually plays sax and clairnet for them, got into his accident and they had Jeff Coffin from Bela Fleck and the Flecktones sitting in and he was incredible. I was amazed at how well he slid right and played with the band after having played one previous show with them the night before in Charlotte.

Another highlight when they did an amazing cover of Sledgehammer where Tim Reynolds played the keyboard/synth parts on the guitar.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote