View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 09:38 PM   #8
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The lack of a 'preseason' is why college teams usually schedule Northeast Louisiana Barber College for their opening game of the year. College teams may not have preseason games but most of them schedule cupcakes for the season opener where the third team is in the game by the start of the fourth quarter.

As for the best game of the year that would have to be either Philly/Green Bay or the first Philly/Dallas game wouldn't it?

Seriously though I loved the Steeler/Jags game a good old fashioned slobberknocker.

The Cowboys/Seahawks game had my butt dragging at work the next day. I did not regret staying up for the finish though.

Another good one nobody has mentioned yet was the Oakland/Denver game played on Nov. 28 in the snow in Denver that saw Oakland come back from an 11 point 4th quarter deficit to win 25-24 scoring the final TD with a little under two minutes to go in the game. It also featured Oakland blocking Elam's 43 yard FG attempt with 17 seconds to go.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote