View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 01:44 AM   #12
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78
But the Bears will keep on fightin' the good fight Tark...

I think some of this debate has to do with where you live and grew up. The order of importance here is...

1. High School football
2. College football
3. NFL football

Once you get closer to Cleveland though people are 100% crazy for the Brownies.

And it isn't like any one entity is missing out on love. It's football 24/7 here in Ohio. Thank God.
I don't say this very often, but Buckeye is pretty much dead on. A lot of football passion has to do with where you live and grow up. At my first job, out in the middle of no where, it was high school football all the way. People lived and died with a bunch of 16-18 year old kids. At my current job, in a Division I town, it's college football 24-7. The high school team gets talked about in passing, but you can't turn around without someone asking about the college team. But where I grew up, it was the NFL team that got nearly all the attention. Saturday's were for the college game and a preview of Sunday, the rest of the week belonged to the NFL.

Obviously, this is a broad generalization and not everyone falls into the same catagory, but I'd say people tend to gravitate more toward the primary level of competition in their town/city.

-RB
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote