Thread: Concert Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Default Concert Thread

Since we have a movie thread I figured I'd start a concert thread. What shows have folks been going to this summer?

My fiancee and I went to see Dave Matthews on July 2nd. It was vastly different than when we saw them last fall. The show was a complete 180 in the sense that last year they focused more on knocking out songs in the catalog and this year they are focusing more on the music. I think they played about half as many songs this time around but they still went for a good 2 1/2 hours when all was said and done.

They are touring with Tim Reynolds on lead guitar this go around and he was amazing. I was somewhat surprised to see them showcase him as much as they did given he is not a full fledged member of the band but he had several guitar solos that brought the house down.

We followed that one up with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on the 12th. Steve Winwood opened the show and played for a little over an hour. We enjoyed him a lot more than we thought we would and I never realized Steve Winwood can play some guitar. He was quite strong on the couple of songs he played on.

The Heartbreakers played for just under 2 hours and pretty much lived up to expectations and sounded great. They played mostly hits from their catalog with a couple of lesser knowns thrown in.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote