View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #4170
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970 View Post
Sporting News??? That's really cool!!! I would love to have a job in sports in some capacity. Have you heard back from them yet?
Well, I went, but they have no full-time openings and didn't seem all that enthused about me. But I did meet the guy who runs SportingNews.com, as well as the head of their fantasy stuff. They are based here, so it's a good contact at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
Crap hours with crap pay. At least that's what I have found.

The only benefit of being involved in sports for a living from my perspective is the people I meet and the free events I get to see. Otherwise, it's filled with a lot of politics and way too many egotistical people.

And if Marc bumps into Mike Florio, he needs to let him know I am mad he cancelled our interview from a couple of weeks ago. Something about he was busy in Tampa? What the hell was there to do in Tampa?
Spot on. The hours are terrible; they mentioned me working part-time for crap pay. Have to be in there at 5 or 6 AM rummaging through stories ... for $10-12 an hour. Intern stuff. Not what I'm looking for at this point, to say the least. I've had a dream of working in sports, but the opportunities aren't there right now.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote