View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #63
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post

The funny thing to me is how much the media is hyping the Lakers as a dynasty of the future because of Bynum. But the thing of it is this kid has had two pretty major knee operations in the past year and we don't know how he is going to come back. How much is this going to set back his development and will he ever regain the explosiveness that had him looking like the league's most improved player this season prior to getting hurt? Is he going to continue looking like the next Shaq or is he just going to turn into another Felton Spencer or Micheal Olowakandi because his bum knee limits his mobility and explosiveness?

It can get pretty dicey when a guy pushing 270/280 starts suffering knee injuries.

You bring up a very interesting point because a guy of that size having knee problems can raise a red flag. Of course he is only 22?

However I am curious to hear what the Laker fans think about the team going forward. I am of the opinion that they really can not play with a front line of Odom, Gasol and Bynum. I think it makes them less atheltic and less able to spread the floor thus clogging the lanes for Kobe. If you put Odom or Pau on the bench then you are paying a kings ransom for a sixth man. I feel that they should trade one of the two for a true small forward.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote