View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Ah ... you beat me to it doublee.

And while I disagree virulently with this move - didn't Peters allow more head-to-head sacks than any left tackle in the entire NFL last year? - it could be worse: They could have squandered a first-round pick on that lump of carcinogenic molasses better known as Anquan Boldin!

But maybe they acquired Peters for his run-blocking skills - since when it comes to pass-blocking, he obviously can't block a striped box in the middle of an intersection?
So, you don't think the fact that he held out the entirety of training camp and was not in shape until the third game of the year played any role in that? You don't think the fact that he really did not want to be there due to not getting the contract he wanted played any role in that whatsoever?

The guy can pass block he gave up just two sacks the year before. His play last season has more to do with the fact that he did not get the money he wanted. Now that he is getting that money from Philadelphia expect him to be a Pro Bowl caliber lineman. After all a happy worker is a productive worker.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote