View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 10:51 PM   #7
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I am with you Tarkus. Since when did the Dolphins start prescribing Marijuana to their players for aches and pains? The two stories cited here are about two people being charged and/or prosecuted for participating in the growth and distribution of medicinal marijuana. I fail to see how the recreational user Ricky Williams is a victim to the war on Marijuana when these stories are clearly advocating legalization for medicinal uses not recreational use

In a nutshell the other is an audio MP3 file about some chick who the US is trying to extradite from Canada because she used to work for, what was legal at the time by Cal. State Law, a facility that was licensed to grow medical marijuana. Basically she is facing 10 years to life for working at this facility that was deemed illegal by the federal government after the fact.

While I can see the point of campaigning for legalizing the use of marijuana for legitimate medical purposes, and yes these folks are being screwed over by the Feds deciding that their drug laws supercede any laws the individual states may deem worthy, I fail to see the connection between that and Ricky Williams quitting football to go smoke weed for six months. It is not as though Ricky came out and said he was smoking it to relieve pain and discomfort from playing football. He was smoking it because he liked how it made him feel. Basically, he was using it as a way to escape reality and everyday life.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote