View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Well, I am sure the players realize that something that sets them apart from MLB and the NBA is that they have a good mix of teams that make the playoffs each year. One of the reasons the NFL is so popular is it is not the same handful of teams in the playoffs each year or the same teams that land all of the marquee free agents. They realize that when every team in the league is competitive and financially stable it means there is more money to be had on the free agency market. Whereas in baseball if the big market teams like the Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, Mets, or Red Sox are not active in free agency the market becomes depressed.

The NBA is starting to head that way too with a lot of the mid and small market teams scaling back payrolls and being more mindful of staying under the cap than the bigger markets they are becoming less competitive and interest in waning in a lot of those cities.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote