View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Players union head Billy Hunter thinks the league is on track for a lost season: http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/30928925

Quote:
Four years ago, when Hunter and Gary Hall, working on behalf of the union, met with [NBA commissioner] Stern and Adam Silver, Stern suggested phasing in a new labor deal that would help all of the league's owners turn a profit on their investment. Hunter said he left with the impression that the league would lock the players out if the requests were not fully met.

After the 2007 meeting, Hunter said he started prepping players for the inevitability of a lockout. "[Stern has] pretty much followed [his original] road map," Hunter said, as he leaned back in his chair. On a whiteboard behind his head, figures and proposals from both sides had been written up in black marker. "I was convinced when he told me then that he would do it, so I started to prepare the players."

If each side maintains their current stance, Hunter said he believes the league's owners will lock out players for at least an entire season.
Damn.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote