View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 05:56 AM   #20
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Spike is on a distinguished road
Default Game 3

I'd love to see the Spurs win tomorrow night to take a 2 to 1 lead in this series because if that happens, IF that happens, the Lakers will be playing their first must win game on Sunday since really Game 7 of the 2000 Western Conference Finals against Portland. The Lakers can't say the typical crap of, "We're bored. We can turn it on whenever we want". That would be interesting.

Props to Tim Duncan whose done a nice job when he's defended Shaq.

I think though more likely the Lakers love playing on the road more than at home. They're just more focused on the road. Kobe loves it. He gets up for it more and I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers win Games 3 and 4. You know, just like the 2000 West Finals when the Blazers got home court by winning Game 2 but the Lakers won Games 3 and 4 at the Rose Garden.

Go Spurs! I have a selfish reason to root for them too. If the Kings get to the next round, they own the Spurs. They've beaten them 3 out of 4 times this year and beaten them 3 out of 4 times last year when the San Antonio Spurs had the best record in the N.B.A.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote