View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 02:28 AM   #9
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeDaBear View Post
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but are you saying that now that K.C has Cassel, teams will not be stacking the line to stop the run because they fear the arm and the QB abilities of Matt Cassel?

Let me ask you this as well. Is K.C a better team without Tony G? I think they are a little worse, but the season hasen't even started yet so we'll have to wait and see what all happens. One thing K.C has on it's side is that the AFC West might be the worst division in the NFL (next to the NFC West). At least they have that going for them.

No, I don't think you're being a "smart ass" at all; but Matt Cassel is 10-5 lifetime as a starter in the NFL. What's Tyler Thigpen's lifetime record as a starter?

And who said anything about the Chiefs being a "better team" without Tony Gonzalez? Don't know how old you are, so the name Marty Domres might not mean anything to you: Domres was Johnny Unitas' backup with the then-Baltimore Colts in 1972. That year, the Colts got off to a 1-4 start, prompting Colts GM Joe Thomas to issue head coach Don McCafferty an ultimatum: Bench Unitas or be fired; McCafferty refused, and Thomas canned him, with the owner's blessing.

But Thomas' rationale for advocating the QB change was revealing: "If we're going to lose, we might as well lose with young players so that they may grow and mature together."

This is obviously the same mindest as the Chiefs front office currently has.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote