View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad O. View Post
Toby: I meant winning the NFC West.

Toby and grizzle: Yeah, the Niners have a shot. I'll be interested to see how the offense looks without Norv. Don't misinterpret this as me thinking the Seahawks are good. I just don't think the rest of the division will be particularly good this season, either.

Hmm. I see you live in Cincinnati, and apparently you like the Bengals, but personal attacks ("retarded") and accusations of bias (I've never even been to Pittsburgh) are not called for.

My reasoning is that the Bengals play in what seems right now like the league's toughest division (though their out-of-conference games, against the NFC West, look pretty soft) and HAVE NO DEFENSE.

The line is Justin Smith and a bunch of nobodies.
Their best linebacker who's allowed to play this season signed less than two weeks ago.
Their secondary looks like the strongest unit on defense, and it's just okay.

Furthermore, offensive line has become a question mark, and the team has no depth at any position, except maybe WR once Chris Henry's suspension is over. This team is very vulnerable to injuries, and if someone important -- Palmer, Rudi, Willie Anderson, starting wideouts, J.Smith -- goes down, I don't see how the Bengals can finish with a winning record.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not predicting 4-12 or anything. 7-9 sounds about right. When you have a top-10 offense and a bottom-five defense, a little below .500 is about where you'd expect a team to finish, especially in the AFC.

Having said all of that, these predictions are meant to be a little risky, and if ALL of them come true, f-ing Sports Illustrated had better call about hiring me.
First off, Justin Smith didn't even lead the team in sacks last season. Robert Geathers had 10.5 sacks and he didn't even start. Mike Myers (from Denver) had a grreat pre-season and is hardly a "nobody." Domato Peko is a young stud, and I promise you will know his name by the end of this season.

The defense overall is average. They've improved from last season, gaining both speed and experience. The will finish in the top half of the NFL in terms of defensive statistics, the offense will be top 5. The equals a 12 win season....:thumbup:

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote