View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Interesting situation at Texas Tech...

Quote:
Leach, Texas Tech still unresolved

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech coach Mike Leach missed another deadline Tuesday to accept a contract extension and now the school's board of regents will meet Friday to discuss his job.

Leach said he's happy to coach the remaining two years of his current contract, which pays $2.65 million next season and $2.35 million in 2010.

"It's well documented that we want to be at Texas Tech for years to come. Our results have been positive and I have no regrets whatsoever. We're very excited about the future of the program. We had a strong recruiting class. We've won more bowl games and had the best season in the history of Texas Tech. I'm trying to focus on my job," Leach told ESPN's Joe Schad.

Leach and Texas Tech have essentially agreed on the financial terms of a new five-year deal that would average $2.54 million annually, but negotiations hung up on several clauses.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3914101

Leach declined their offer and has two years left on his current contract. But if they fail to agree, he'll be a lame-duck basically, and how will he be able to recruit with that? It seems he is holding out for more money and/or a bigger school/job. Do you all think Leach will stay at Tech?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote