View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 07:53 PM   #11
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Whoa, Cowboy.

I know people are going to look at this post with an eyebrow raised because of my loyalties, but Kentucky is NOT on a downward slope. They have won more games the last three seasons than ANY team in college basketball. They have dominated the SEC with numerous titles in recent years, and now have the best recruiting class in America (even without Crawford, they still start two All-Americans).

I don't see how a TOP 10 team is rebuilding, Cowboy. They are 10-2 with their only losses at North Carolina and vs. Kansas. And while rare, players do transfer from Kentucky, as is the case with EVERY school.

If there is one thing Kentucky HASN'T done in recent years that is of concern, that is premature exits from the tournament. They were unlucky to face Marquette with future NBA superstar Dwyane Wade, and the UAB loss was just a fluke, but horribly disappointing nonetheless.

Kentucky needs to get back to the Final Four and stop losing to teams they have no business losing to, but as a whole, they are still a national powerhouse with a very bright future.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote