View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road
Default Stephen Curry held scoreless...

Surprising? Sure, a little, given that Curry is pretty much amazing at shooting the basketball. He took only 3 shots in this one. How'd he get stopped?

Quote:
DAVIDSON, N.C. (AP)—By the third possession, Davidson’s Stephen Curry had figured it out. Loyola (Md.) was double-teaming him. Everywhere, on each possession, no matter what the scenario.

So Curry decided to test the triangle-and-2 defense taken to the ultimate extreme. He went into the corner and two defenders followed him, setting up a 4-on-3 for his teammates.
And then Loyola stuck with it the entire game...losing 78-48.

Quote:
“I know the fans are mad at me, but I had to roll the dice as far as a coach goes. I’m not some rookie coach,” said Patsos, a former longtime assistant at Maryland. “I won a national title as a top assistant coach to Gary Williams. For 13 years I spent on Tobacco Road. I coached a couple of No. 1 picks in the draft. And we scored 48 points. That’s the problem that Loyola basketball had today.”
I give him credit for doing something to try and stop Curry, but I'm not sure I agree with him on their problem just being the low amount of points they scored. If you have guys playing 4 on 3 the entire time, they're going to be able to produce something.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote