View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #38
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
No. It seems really odd asking that. Would I ask: If you became really concerned with becoming worldly (or if you became worldly,) would you you tell other people? Of course you wouldn't ask this... it's not like it's something from point a to point b.

As to the second question... I don't know-- I just respect people that dedicate themselves to one area and that is their life. I just don't see a point in becoming some "worldly," "experienced" guy... just seems meaningless. Again, this is where we differ.
But we aren't talking about me here Rob. Or your perception of me...if they aren't the same. Try not to answer in the context that you know or at the very least...have an impression of who I am. After all, those ideas were gained thru interaction with me...a personal experience.

But back to the point...

On the 2nd question you say you respect people that dedicate themselves to one area and that is their life and then say being "wordly" or being "experienced" seems meaningless.

Ok, where is the meaning in dedicating oneself to an area? Does that person have to "master" that area to earn your respect? And speaking of respect, what inside you (if you know) compels you to want to give respect to someone like that? Finally, if someone does master an area (like a Beethoven) is there anything others can gain from it? Is that even important?
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote