View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 12:29 AM   #9
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Ok, I got too much time on my hands.

Here ya got the conference, total teams in conf., total non-conf games, games vs BCS opp., games vs "quality opponents", and games vs I-AA teams. The only thing that is subjective is the stat "quality opponent." But I can break it down if ya want. I'm going by preseason expectations and how the team finished last season to determine if they are "quality" or not.

I was going to factor in whether or not the team played at home or on the road against a foe that could be considered a '"quality opponent," but decided against it. For instance, Bama hosts Hawaii this year. Purdue goes to Hawaii for their last game. I didn't include Hawaii as a quality opponent for either team even though it is tougher to go to Hawaii and win. In any event, enjoy this rant. In no particular order...

ACC

Teams in conference-12
Total number of non-conference games-48
Games vs BCS schools-14
Games vs Quality Opponents-15
Games vs I-AA schools-11

Big Twelve

Teams in conference-12
Games vs BCS schools-11
Games vs Quality Opponents-14
Games vs I-AA schools-11

Big Ten

Teams in conference-11
Total number of non-conference games-45
Games vs BCS schools-14
Games vs Quality Opponents-12
Games vs I-AA schools-8

SEC

Teams in conference-12
Games vs BCS schools-14
Games vs Quality Opponents-17
Games vs I-AA schools-8

And the winner by a mile...

Pac Ten

Teams in conference-10
Total non-conference games-30
Games vs BCS schools-13
Games vs Quality Opponents-16
Games vs I-AA schools-5

Far less non-conf games due to their 9-game conf. schedule yet the Pac Ten does an outstanding job of lining up BCS schools, quality schools, and keeping the I-AA squads down. Not to mention the fact they have to travel far anytime they want a road game against a BCS foe.

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 06-18-2006 at 12:38 AM.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote