View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #5
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Amare out 4-5 months

Quote:
Originally posted by #99
The best player on the Phoenix Suns and one of the five best in the league.
Best player on the Suns and a Top 5 player? I def don't agree with him being the best player on the Suns but I would agree with you that he is in the Top 10 in the NBA. Steve Nash, without question, is the MVP of the Suns and the reigning MVP of the entire league. He carried the team throughout the season and picked up the slack of Shawn Marion in the playoffs (Marions' play probably cost them the series against the Spurs). I don't doubt that Amare is the #2 guy in Phoenix but he can't lead the team down court and he doesn't set up every scoring play that goes on for the team. Nash gives HIM the ball and he is just dominate enough to slam it home. I believe Shaq has referred to him as Shaq JR.

This season might end up being different because the Suns took big hits losing Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson but as the season begins (whether or not Amare is healthy), Steve Nash is the #1 guy in Phoenix.

#99, i was wondering who would be in your top 10 of the league right now. I'd like to see it since Amare is in your To 5.

1) Tracy McGrady 6) Kevin Garnett
2) Steve Nash 7) Dwayne Wade
3) Dirk Nowitzki 8) Lebron James
4) Kobe Bryant 9) Amare Stoudemire
5) Tim Duncan 10) Jermaine O'Neal / Shaq
Titans100 is offline   Reply With Quote