View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default PTI Overtakes SportsCenter in Ratings, Revenue

Quote:
We all remember when PTI debuted. The over-the-top, sometimes nonsensical graphics & countdown clocks, bizarre between commercial look-ins and two well-aged gents no one had heard of outside The District.

Fast forward to today and according to more than one ESPN source, PTI regularly averages more viewers than SportsCenter and also enjoys a higher ad revenue base. And another bizarro Shapiro concoction, Around The Horn, isnít far behind.

Pretty amazing when you consider the institution SportsCenter has become, and continues to be. But as Iíve pointed out here before, ESPN upper management has taken a lot of the personality out of SportsCenter, apparently leaving the craziness to PTI and ATH. I have heard in the past couple months that ESPN talent execs are indeed trying to bring back more eclectic, assertive voices to the SportsCenter chair, but have had no luck locating the type of talent theyíre looking for.
SPORTSbyBROOKS PTI Overtakes SportsCenter In Ratings, Revenue

PTI is one of my can't-miss daily shows (and ATH when I'm bored). But I was shocked to see it's been this successful. Bigger than "SportsCenter?" Wow! The show is entertaining and useful, though, to get all the day's stories. I just wish they'd update the screen interface from that ugly red to something more appealing, and move to HD ... please move to HD!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote