View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #151
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
I think it's a constant layering that keeps the #s so high. Like if someone registers but never posts or posts once & it goes to being an active member for at least the next 30 days. Numerous new registered members with MB activity, & main board activity for stories/columns probably make this some sort of shell game. Plus I'm not sure active doesn't also entail being logged in but not necessarily posting.
You're probably pretty close to the truth here. I'm not sure if the main board activity counts as part of the MB activity though. Take a member like Brad O.

Under his name there is a number (currently 16,726) yet under his post count it reads 601. When you click on his name you don't have the same features as "regular posters" such as the last time he was on here and what forum he was in. He's a writer for this site so I'm not sure what "counts" and what doesn't.

If you simply went by the # of members who post on the message board that have been active in the past 30 days (meaning 1 post at the very least) I'd suspect the number to be very low. Probably 40-50 members...tops. And most of those would be "one and done" guys or pretty close to that.

Having said all of this, I'm sure nobody cares.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote