View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 07:32 PM   #4
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Bix, like ive said in another thread, i do agree that the Foulcons will be a much better team, but i dont see them being the team to beat in the NFC. Though if Vick stays healthy, there is no reason we should not win the division. I think the D will be much improved, but not just because of the player additions you mentioned. (BTW, DeAngelo Hall still hasn't signed.) Ed Donatell (sp?) who was a great D.C. in Green Bay (he took the heat for Sherman in that last loss imo) has come in and will implement the 4-3, thank god. Donatell puts an emphasis on T.O.s and it has shown as Green Bay has consistantly been near the top of the league in that category during his tenure there. He is also moving Keith Brooking to the OLB position, getting him away from the middle. So the defense will be okay.

My biggest concern. NO BACKUP QB! Matt Schaub is being pencilled as the 2nd stringer at the moment, ahead of Ty freakin Detmer. Geez, Id be more comfortable having Doug Johnson back there. And Doug Johnson SUCKS!

Back to the topic, I think the NFC is a crap shoot, though if i was a betting man, Id go w/Dallas or the Deadskins. Or Green Bay. Or Philly. Or Maybe St Lou......
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote