View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #4328
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
I don't like Lennon's solo stuff. For how creative he was with the Beatles, his solo-stuff is really straightforward. And it goes back to George Martin: Lennon's solo music just didn't have the full-body that The Beatles stuff did. I'd say the same thing about McCartney, but McCartney's solo music was much more creative, IMO. Songs like Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey could have passed as a song on Abbey Road.
I liked the fact it was straightforward...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Let It Be, produced by Spector, was alright; there's no the George Martin feel to it. What made the album for me was Billy Preston-- he really stole the show. I love the electric piano and organ parts he has on the album. Who doesn't love his electric piano solo in Get Back ?
Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles, Yellow Submarine,Abbey Road,Let It Be

^

Depending on the day, I could go with any of 'em as my favorite though the slight overall edge would probably go to Pepper's.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote