Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 05-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #1
190 Octane
All-Star Player

190 Octane is on a distinguished road
Default The On-Going Saga of Sticky Icky Ricky

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2064904

So Ricky Williams wants back in the League. If he un-retires before July, he'll have to sit out one year, but if he waits, he'll only miss four games. I wonder how much of this has to do with that $8+ million he owes the Dolphins organization? I also wonder if these lines of communications with Nick Saban are real, or something Ricky imagined after sparking a doob.
What would you think of Ricky Williams coming back to the NFL? How do you see his teammates receiving him?
190 Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

He probably got a good deal on a Whizzinator. :lol:

I seem to remember hearing a report a month or so ago saying that Williams claimed he had stopped smoking and was beginning to ponder coming back to the league. Since they drafted Ronnie Brown I wonder how much Saban really cares. Chances are he will probably try to trade him away if Williams shows he is truly dedicated to playing next season.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:18 PM   #3
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

If he does come back, and Ricky stays with the dolphins, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams might be the best one-two punch in the league....
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:25 PM   #4
190 Octane
All-Star Player

190 Octane is on a distinguished road

I agree that Ricky and Ronnie could be a nasty duo. Both are talented and deceptively big, especially for their respective speeds. But if I was Ricky, the punch of which I would be most concerned is the one that might come from a teammate he left high and dry for that 4-12 debacle last season.

Blog
190 Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 03:55 AM   #5
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Anything to get T.O. out of the headlines! Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I'm surprised he would be welcomed back to the Dolphins. He absolutely abandoned them right before the season and really ruined their season. If they do welcome back, I guess it shows how desperate they are.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #7
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

i think Ricky Williams will be back next season. i question is heart, but his wallet is hurting so he doesn't have too much choice. along w/ Ronnie Brown the Fin's are going to have an excellent rushing attack... but still nothing in the way of a passing game. I'd try to deal one of them to pick a starting WR.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 03:30 AM   #8
Anthony

Quote:
Originally posted by blackdogsong
i think Ricky Williams will be back next season. i question is heart, but his wallet is hurting so he doesn't have too much choice. along w/ Ronnie Brown the Fin's are going to have an excellent rushing attack... but still nothing in the way of a passing game. I'd try to deal one of them to pick a starting WR.

Deal one of them? Why don't they just sign Freddie Mitchell instead?:goof:
Old 05-31-2005, 09:30 AM   #9
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

the Fins don't need two star RB's when they have so many issues at QB, WR and just about anywhere else you can think of. Fred Ex would probably top their depth chart of they signed him [j/k]
Old 05-31-2005, 07:51 PM   #10
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

See, the problem is just about everyone who needed a RB got one in the draft or already picked one up in free agency. There won't be much of a market until camp starts and guys start getting hurt. The big problem the 'Phins face is Brown has oodles of trade value right now and Williams has little to none given that he will have to serve a 4-game suspension if and when he comes back and you still don't know what you are getting. I'd be surprised to see a team give up anything more than a second tier star to get Williams given that you don't know what you are going to be getting.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:56 PM   #11
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't want him on my team and I doubt his old Miami team mates would welcome him back with open arms either. I understand quiting if he didn't enjoy the game anymore, but quitting when he did was terrible for the Dolphins. His latest comeback talk strikes me as more to do with the money he now owes the Dolphins and the mother of his children who was awarded a large monthly payment from Rickys wallet, than wanting to play once more.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:08 AM   #12
Anthony

Quote:
Originally posted by doublee
See, the problem is just about everyone who needed a RB got one in the draft or already picked one up in free agency.

Everyone except the Eagles, that is: After trading with the 49ers and getting the first pick in the 4th round, not using it on Brandon Jacobs was absolutely unforgivable - and to compound the felony, Jacobs was picked by the division-rival Giants. The Eagles are going to have a hard time moving the ball on the ground against any team that uses a 3-4 defense, to which both the Giants and Cowboys have switched - and if T.O. does sit out the entire season or is traded, it will be the late '70s and early '80s all over again in Philly: No big back and no big-play receiver.

Last edited by Anthony; 06-01-2005 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #13
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

good point w/ the Eagles- instead of getting someone they can send up the middle they drafted a Westbrook clone. i can understand since they might not be able to give him the deal he wants next season when he enters free agency again, but they are they going to do this season? Travis Henry is the only guy on the market that could help them.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #14
Kashchei
Grizzled Veteran

Kashchei is on a distinguished road

Hey, he's a Longhorn, what do you expect out of him?
Old 06-02-2005, 04:23 AM   #15
Anthony

Quote:
Originally posted by blackdogsong
good point w/ the Eagles- instead of getting someone they can send up the middle they drafted a Westbrook clone. i can understand since they might not be able to give him the deal he wants next season when he enters free agency again, but they are they going to do this season? Travis Henry is the only guy on the market that could help them.

Travis Henry is no more of a power runner than Westbrook is; plus he can't stay healthy either - and since he's not a free agent, he would cost the Eagles a high draft pick, and their front office doesn't trade those away (they haven't traded a #1 for a veteran player since 1988, and not even a #2 since 1998 - the year before Andy Reid became the head coach).