Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-04-2001, 11:09 AM   #1
Mike Round
Sports Central Staff

Location: Home in Birmingham, England and divide at least 6 months of the year between South Carolina and New Jersey.
Mike Round is on a distinguished road
Default Spurrier Classless?

Any doubts as to Spurrier's morals were shown yesterday.........71 points against Vandy??? That's truly pathetic and deserves retribution.
I'd sell my granny to Bin Laden to see South Carolina whip his butt next Saturday. God I hate those Florida teams!!!!!
Mike Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 03:21 PM   #2
Wile E Coyote
Grizzled Veteran

Wile E Coyote is on a distinguished road

Margin of victory is overrated.

I don't see any point in having the starters build up a big lead and then putting in the second team players and saying, "Hey, take it easy on our poor opponents." The second team players deserve to have their day in the sun, too. Why should they sit on the ball? Vandy is supposed to be a Division I school in the ultra-competitive SEC. If they can't keep up, they need to get out.

If anything, the score shows that Florida's second team players are stronger than Vanderbilt's starters.

My alma mater has a terrible football team. We were killed 66-0 by Texas A&M a few years ago. Yeah, I was embarrased. Did I blame the Aggies for running up the score? No, I blamed our inept coaching staff for their terrible recruiting and play calling. And I sure as heck didn't want anyone feeling sorry for my team. We were bad and deserved to lose.
Old 11-04-2001, 04:10 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

They wasn't a very courteous thing for Florida to do. I don't care what team it is, first or second, show a little class and when you have the game put away, don't continue to run up the score. I agree with Mike.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 03:27 PM   #4
Mike Round
Sports Central Staff

Location: Home in Birmingham, England and divide at least 6 months of the year between South Carolina and New Jersey.
Mike Round is on a distinguished road

Marc
I'll send you a Gamecock cap for this weekend coming mate! I fear USC just ain't quite up to it but you never know. If I had to choose I'd rather beat Florida than even Clemson.
I'd love to see Spurrier take an NFL job like Carolina and be on the end of a real drubbing from the Rams - heavan!
Mike Round is offline   Reply With Quote