Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: Is Randy Moss worth having on your team?
Yes 7 46.67%
No 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Arrow Keep Moss or get rid of him?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/moss.html?POL...00200042000001

Two days after causing a disturbance on the sidelines, Randy Moss has been charged with two misdemeanors after police said he pushed a city traffic agent a half-block with his car.

Do you keep him on your team because of his one-of-a-kind skills or get rid of him because he's so detrimental to the team's chemistry?
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 06:49 PM   #2
bostonsportsfan
Hall of Famer

bostonsportsfan is on a distinguished road

I'd keep him. He's just too good to let go.

And was it him that caused that little sideline scene or Culpepper? From what I could tell, it was Culpepper. Moss didn't appear to do anything.
bostonsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 06:51 PM   #3
Nate
Sports Virtuoso

Nate is on a distinguished road

Keep him. Like Sean said, he's too good.

Go Colts! Go Boilers! Go Pacers! [[email protected]nspencer]
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 07:41 PM   #4
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

Its hard to say, Its easy to say keep him, but you have to look at the other side of the coin. The guy has major issues off the feild, Recently getting in trouble with the law and the guy admits he doesn't give 100% all when he plays. Only got 16 yards recieving last week against Carolina which bottom line stinks.

Football is also a team sport, Not one player can carry a football team. You can have the best quarterback/running back/wide reciever in the world, but if you dont have a good team surrounding that guy then you won't win anything. You could get three decent players for Randy Moss, but then again. He's not someone you can just trade. Id give it some time, and see what happens.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 10:24 PM   #5
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Randy Moss is not only the most gifted wide reciever (not necessarily the best) in the NFL, but he's a touchdown threat on every snap.

He's a jackass sometimes and he can be a complete idiot when he starts talking, but he's still the best player the vikings have. Absolutely I'd keep him, but you still can't design an entire offense around one wide reciever, no matter how good he is.

-RB
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 11:22 PM   #6
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road

Come on. KEEP HIM. He is teh most talented player in the leauge you know, and what he did has very stupid, but it does not affect his play on the field.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:36 AM   #7
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Personally, I question the Vikings organization's commitment to winning, at least at present: With Philadelphia's preseason signings (Antonio Freeman, Dorsey Levens etc.), Minnesota entered the regular season with the lowest payroll in the NFL, and if they really cared about winning now, why didn't they make a serious bid for someone like Steve Spurrier or Marty Schottenheimer (who has never had worse than a 7-9 season in his entire career), instead of going with a total no-name like Mike Tice? Under the circumstances, one can hardly blame Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper etc. for getting a bit restless.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:50 PM   #8
seymourgal
Sports Enthusiast

seymourgal is on a distinguished road
Angry Toss him!

This guy was trouble while he was in college (kicked out of two wasn't he before joining Marshall?) and he's trouble now. He's a cancer on that team. I don't care how talented he is he's not worth breaking a team over. We dumped Terry Glenn for his problem attitude and believe me we're far better off for it. When will teams learn that character counts and that the whole package has to be reviewed before you bring someone into your system and lavish the big bucks on them.
seymourgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 01:43 PM   #9
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

The Vikings got rid of their Cancer last season, when they let Cris Carter go! And if you don't believe me ask listen to any present player on the Vikings team talk. I even heard an interview with the Viking's Commentator....and he blasted Carter for his actions with the team the last couple of years.

And the Media has once again blown a situation out of proportion! Moss pushed the lady down the street a half a block....come on? That is like what 500 feet or so.....how can an officer stand in front of a moving car for half a block without falling down or getting struck before then? Moss was wrong for what he did.....but I think the terms of what actually happened were exagerrated!

Moss did get in trouble in high school...in a fight that caused him to lose his scholarship at ND.....then he lost he scholarship to FSU because of drug possesion. But I guarantee all these media people who are constantly labeling athletes and hounding them about their past have done drugs before and made silly mistakes.....I am not defending Moss....simply stating how the media can piss you off and make you do things you don't want to do! I mean how can someone get past his or her past when it is being brought back up all the time in meaningless questions?

Randy Moss has been labeled before he ever had a chance to play a down in the NFL, he has been molded by the media to the people for who they want him to be! I think Moss is wrong and has made many bad decisions, but some of this was agged on by the media and the continual questions they ask that would piss anyone off. Randy should not talk to the media....don't give them fuel to work with. Moss has already given too much fuel as it is by his actions and words....so stop now Randy!

Just imagine yourself making a mistake, and then the people you work with or are around never let you live it down.....then bring up your past all the time....some of you may go through that....how does it feel?

Joey
Old 09-26-2002, 08:59 PM   #10
Sports Virtuoso

#47 is on a distinguished road

Joey you are right in one aspect, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes................but how many is too many?

As for the incident, she WAS knocked to the ground, that after being back up for a pretty good distance and even if she werent, what the hell kind of person does that kind of crap! I mean would you, or anybody you know, slowly and continually drive there car at someone.......especially after you have made contact with them?

Randy Moss's talent is undisputable. He's not the best player in the game as some people here would say, he's not even close, if anyone who has played football at a competitive level would know that, but he is still an unbelievable talent. That said, he is continually having problems both on the field and off. Not one or two or three, but continual problems.

Anthony was right, they got rid of a cancer in Carter. But there is still another cancer within that organization and Moss is clearly it. You are right Joey when you say the media can blow things way out of proportion. But we are not talking about a person who has had just one or two instances. This is a guy who has had problems constantly from well before he even set foot on the playing field for Marshall and it has continued right on thru to now. Eventually you have to stop blaming everything on the media and look at the subject in question.

The media didnt forcehim to used drugs, not several years ago and not today. The media didnt force him to run his vehicle into that lady, what a coward he is, big tough guy picking on a female. The media isnt the reason he doesnt run the routes that are designed, thus making the QB look bad and not him. The media isnt the reason he doesnt block on running plays, just like the media isnt the reason when he makes great plays.

If Randy Moss would clean up his act and not act like an inmate, the world would be at his beckon call and so would the media.

But I keep coming back to this thought............what kind of idiot drives there vehicle into someone? This guy is a coward and a scumbag. And best of all his team is 0-3.

Losers deserve losers.
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.
#47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 09:40 PM   #11
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We dumped Terry Glenn for his problem attitude and believe me we're far better off for it. When will teams learn that character counts and that the whole package has to be reviewed before you bring someone into your system and lavish the big bucks on them.
I won't dispute his problems in New England, but I might add that that label is inaccurate in Green Bay. He's been a model player and citizen and only needs a little more time before making a huge impact. He's stayed healthy since the start of the season. Perhaps all Moss needs is a change of scenery. It was proposed on PTI that he go to Oakland.
Quote:
The Vikings got rid of their Cancer last season, when they let Cris Carter go! And if you don't believe me ask listen to any present player on the Vikings team talk. I even heard an interview with the Viking's Commentator....and he blasted Carter for his actions with the team the last couple of years.
That's one theory, but Moss still might be the cancer. The way you could also see it is that Carter took on the role of handling Moss' temper problems during his days and Culpepper is being faced with doing that now that Carter is gone. See a common theme? Arguments within the team happened before Carter AND after him. Hmmm...

Oh, and anyone see Moss' interview on ESPN? He claimed he couldn't understand what the traffic officer wanted him to do -- he's definitely a bimbo for doing that, but I don't think he went there with the intent of mowing over some lady.
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 01:08 AM   #12
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I don't like him or his mama lol
Old 09-27-2002, 03:43 AM   #13
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

You can't really compare Terry Glenn with Randy Moss, in that Glenn has a standing medical diagnosis of Bipolar Affective Disorder - the illness formerly known (in less "enlightened" times) as manic-depressive psychosis (Beethoven had it too). He is actually taking prescribed medication for the condition.

Any "medication" Moss might be taking is of the purely recreational variety!:lol:
Old 09-28-2002, 02:40 PM   #14
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

If anything, This will motivate Moss on Sunday. He'll want to out there and prove how good he is, since he knows everyone is on his negative side now. If Moss has his head in the game during all quarters he can recieve 100-150 yards a game no problem.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:31 PM   #15
Sports Virtuoso

#47 is on a distinguished road

Yup, he proved how great he his. When are people going to understand that........ one: A WR is never the most important player on a team, far from it. Two: a WR is never the best player in football, not even close. Three: this guy never was and never will be a complete football player.

Brians quote from above, "if Moss has his head on" is all you need to know about this guy. There are no "IF'S" with the great players.
33-1, the last 34 gms.
Heisman #6.
#47 is offline   Reply With Quote