Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 11-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Grant Hill

Is it too soon to label Grant Hill the feel good story of the season? I managed to catch most of last night's game between Orlando and the LA Kobe's and was awesome watching Hill take over in the fourth quarter and help hold off the Lakers late game charge. He hit two clutch threes in the last two minutes of the game and had a key offensive rebound where he tipped it back out to Francis to run more time off the clock.

His final line for the game: 27 pts., 12 reb., 4 ast., 4 stls., 1 block, shot 10-16 from the field, and played 38 minutes.

The Magic were only hoping to get 20-25 mpg out of him this season. This has to be beyone their wildest expectations for him this season. So far he is averaging 19 ppg, 6 rpg, 3.2 spg, and 2 spg. Here is to hoping he makes it to All Star weekend this year.
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 09:45 PM   #2
Scarboy
Sports Enthusiast

Scarboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grant Hill

Quote:
Originally posted by doublee
Is it too soon to label Grant Hill the feel good story of the season? I managed to catch most of last night's game between Orlando and the LA Kobe's and was awesome watching Hill take over in the fourth quarter and help hold off the Lakers late game charge. He hit two clutch threes in the last two minutes of the game and had a key offensive rebound where he tipped it back out to Francis to run more time off the clock.

His final line for the game: 27 pts., 12 reb., 4 ast., 4 stls., 1 block, shot 10-16 from the field, and played 38 minutes.

The Magic were only hoping to get 20-25 mpg out of him this season. This has to be beyone their wildest expectations for him this season. So far he is averaging 19 ppg, 6 rpg, 3.2 spg, and 2 spg. Here is to hoping he makes it to All Star weekend this year.

Yeah they have to loved what he is doing so far this year.I remember thinking before the season started that Grant Hill was (Over) and that he should call it quits but now i know i shouldn't have been thinking that because he is playing about just as good as he did 4 or 5 years ago ..........If he keeps it up he will win the (Comeback Player Of The Year)
Scarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:54 AM   #3
Clipps
The Clipper Fan

Clipps is on a distinguished road

now just imagine how good Grant Hill, and the Magic would be in the past if Hill was never injured.
*****pass me the bottle and fill the glass up
Clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:34 PM   #4
G-MenNMetsfan
All-Star Player

G-MenNMetsfan is on a distinguished road

Grant Hill was going to be the former Duke player who was going to break the Duke curse in the NBA. He was actually going to be a star. He was a very good player his first few years. Since he was traded, he's been hurt constantly.
G-MenNMetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:47 PM   #5
Clipps
The Clipper Fan

Hopefully Brand and Maggette will break the Duke curse. So far, statwise, they are doing pretty good, But hopefully, this Clipper surge that's going on right now will continue. It would be great to see Brand and Maggette in the playoffs.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Hey, don't forget about Boozer and Deng. Boozer is leading the 5-1 Jazz in scoring and rebounding. Deng is leading Chicago with 18.5 ppg off the bench plus he is grabbing 7 borads a game. Even Duhon is off to a decent start as a role player with Chicago. He is seeing more time than the over hyped Ben Gordon and his 4.6 A/TO ratio leads the team.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 11-15-2004, 12:33 PM   #7
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by G-MenNMetsfan
Grant Hill was going to be the former Duke player who was going to break the Duke curse in the NBA. He was actually going to be a star. He was a very good player his first few years. Since he was traded, he's been hurt constantly.
Going to be a star? He was one of the biggest stars in the league for about five years, a perennial all-star. I'd give him more credit than that! I'm glad to see him doing well, even though he is a Dukie, and am pleasantly surprised he has so much left in the tank after all the injuries.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:10 AM   #8
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Orlando has been quite the turnaround team so far this season! Thanks in no small part to a comeback by Hill that's about as good as you can get in a comeback.
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:00 AM   #9
Clipps
The Clipper Fan

I am impressed wit Stevie Francis as well. Maybe it was JVG that was the problem last season. Francis looks REALLY good. I think if Hill stays healthy, he's got 3-5 good years left in him. During that 3-5 years, imagine how far the team would go as Francis, Howard, Nelson, etc. grow together.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:06 PM   #10
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

I don't think Van Gundy was necessarily the problem. Steve Francis not being a natural PG was the main problem. Van Gundy's slow down halfcourt offense did not help matters much, but Francis makes some horrible decisions at times.

The big difference this year is that Francis is not the primary ball handler in the offense like he was in Houston. Francis has encouraged Johnny Davis to play Jameer Nelson at the point whil he slides over to the two spot. The Magic are also running the offense through Grant Hill in crucial situations as he tends not to throw the ball into the stands at inopprotune times.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:50 PM   #11
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Grant dropped 32 on Kirilenko and the Jazz tonight while hitting 13 of 18 shots.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:38 PM   #12
G-MenNMetsfan
All-Star Player

G-MenNMetsfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Going to be a star?
A star where he could be the face of the NBA. Take over for Michael Jordan. The NBA ended up with Kobe Bryant being the face of the NBA, which at the time was good because he seemed like a nice, clean player. He was respectable.
G-MenNMetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:08 AM   #13
FMHornet
All-Star Player

FMHornet is on a distinguished road

Hill has been on fire but I hope he can maintain it.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:13 PM   #14
New York Man
Sports Enthusiast

New York Man is on a distinguished road

I am impressed by Grant Hill. He is just as dangerous as he was in Detroit. Orlando is headed in the right direction.
New York Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:38 PM   #15
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Hill is back! Orlando is once again one of those teams that you plan ahead to catch or tape their games.... Hill is back in style baby!! picking up right where he left off... and I've seen a new Stevie Franchise that impresses the hell out of me..
Orlando has some great chemistry going on... I look for them to sail high into the playoffs... until they run into an O'Neal wall.
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote