Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 10-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
The Running Man
Banned

The Running Man is on a distinguished road
Default Smoke Break

As an ex-smoker looking to make a comeback i'm curious to hear about new flavors or where your loyalties lie.

After moving around I settled on...

I always liked the feel of a stronger cig. What is the point of smoking a light if you can't even feel it.

Once I started taking my slight reprieve from smoking I made a deal with the devil...

So what are you puffing or chewing on? Cigars are welcome.
The Running Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
The Running Man
Banned

This guy is living a dream...

Old 10-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

I smoke mostly Marlboro Menthol Lights, but I only smoke cigarettes when I'm drinking. I think they're repulsive otherwise, although I do now have more respect for people that smoke cigarettes. We all have our vices in life.

I'm more into cigars. I'll pretty much smoke any of them once. Being a broke ass college student I don't buy many of them but I enjoy most of the H. Upmann line as well as the mini Cohibas.

I've also developed somewhat of an affinity for hookah since coming to college. I really enjoy the different flavors of that tobacco so I'm considering taking up a pipe as well to smoke on occasion.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
The Running Man
Banned

I've had some Chocolate tobacco before which I would recommend.

The hookah has a nice social atmosphere to go along with it. Grabbing one is a must for a better social activity that doesn't require booze and all the problems that come along with it.

A pipe Alex? How about a bubbler?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I smoke mostly Marlboro Menthol Lights, but I only smoke cigarettes when I'm drinking. I think they're repulsive otherwise,
Damn dude... I am EXACTLY the same way... Menthol lights ONLY when I drink... otherwise I think I would puke if I smoked sober. Been smoking when I drink since I was 14... been doing that for 17 years and I NEVER, EVER once got addicted to cigarettes??? Weird...
Old 10-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
The Running Man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Damn dude... I am EXACTLY the same way... Menthol lights ONLY when I drink... otherwise I think I would puke if I smoked sober. Been smoking when I drink since I was 14... been doing that for 17 years and I NEVER, EVER once got addicted to cigarettes??? Weird...
Not weird, extremely lucky, though I am happy to be addicted to nicotine.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Well I guess I find it weird because that basically how me and all my friends started out in our teen years. We would only smoke when we drank... but then when I came home on R&R from the Navy a couple times (in my 20's) I would be hanging out with them and they were all amazed I still only smoked when I drank. They were all addicted and smoked fulltime ya know?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #8
The Running Man
Banned

That is interesting, the fact that you have a military mind is definately a factor though. Do you dip?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #9
Alex
#1 Student Section

Quote:
Same. I've only been doing it for a few months but I've never once had a craving when I was sober. I can count on one hand the number I've smoked sober and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

I agree about the social aspect of hookah, that's definitely one of the things that drew me and my friends into it. We usually go once a week and just relax. Excellent atmosphere.

I'm not sure about the bubbler. I got into weed my first couple of months in college and got busted about two weeks ago. No charges have been filed yet so I took it as a sign that I should just stop. Having the bubbler around would probably tempt me too much.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
ghostofSC
All-Star Player

ghostofSC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Running Man View Post
That is interesting, the fact that you have a military mind is definately a factor though. Do you dip?
only when you put your hand upon my hip.

then i dip, you dip, we dip.
ghostofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I got into weed my first couple of months in college and got busted about two weeks ago. No charges have been filed yet so I took it as a sign that I should just stop.
Uh, no.

That means you need a better hiding spot.

What is it with you young kids and quitting at the first sign of trouble?

buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #12
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Running Man View Post
No, I dont dip at all dude... my brother does and I can barely stand the smell of that stuff. As Dillon told Blain "that's a real nasty habbit you got there"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofSC View Post
only when you put your hand upon my hip.

then i dip, you dip, we dip.
Just reading this now... nice :lol:
Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #13
Alex
#1 Student Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Uh, no.

That means you need a better hiding spot.

What is it with you young kids and quitting at the first sign of trouble?

Haven't decided what I'm gonna do. Police only got half a gram and my pipe. I'm done at PSU for awhile. When I'm home for Thanksgiving is a different story. :thumbup:
Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #14
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haven't decided what I'm gonna do. Police only got half a gram and my pipe. I'm done at PSU for awhile. When I'm home for Thanksgiving is a different story. :thumbup:
(Reminisces about days of putting towels along the bottom of our door room door, and blowing the smoke out of a toilet paper tube stuffed with fabric softener).

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #15
The Running Man
Banned

Quote:
No, I dont dip at all dude... my brother does and I can barely stand the smell of that stuff. As Dillon told Blain "that's a real nasty habbit you got there"...

"This stuff will make you a sexual Tyranasaurus, just like me!"