Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 12-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Jaguar Rick
rick in nc

Jaguar Rick is on a distinguished road
Default NFL Draft 2007

Knowing what your team's needs are now, which position do you hope your team fills in the next draft. Please give your team and the position you think needs upgrading.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #2
Jaguar Rick
rick in nc

As far as my team the Jaguars, I'd like to see them draft a safety, and a defensive end. Every year it seems they draft receivers, without a lot of luck. Another linebacker would be nice too.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Packers need another WR; should have kept Javon Walker. Also, a running back since they haven't drafted a highly-touted RB in years.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
Cubfan4real
Scorned by CBS

Cubfan4real is on a distinguished road

I think the Bears should draft either a strong safety or an outside linebacker to replace Lance Briggs (will probably leave via free agency).

I'd also like to see them grab a wideout with Bernard Berrian type speed. That would be a defensive nightmare having 2 speedsters on the corners, and Moose in the slot.
Cubfan4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The Eagles need to do something about LB. Trotter is getting old and the other guys don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of wrapping guys up when they tackle. Unfortunately, the upcoming draft does not appear to be quite as deep at LB as this past draft was.

Either that or I would not mind seeing them try and move up to nab one of the big play receivers that should be out there. I'd love to see Stallworth back next year, but he seems to always be hurt.

Marc, it also sounds as though the Pack is seriously considering letting Green leave via free agency at the end of the year.

Cubfan, this should be a good year to grab a big play receiver as according to the following list Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett, Calvin Johnson, and Robert Meachem have all petitioned the NFL for a draft grade:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...yhoo&type=lgns

Add those to Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hill in the senior class and we could potentially see six receivers go in the first round and there is also the specter of Sidney Rice coming out as well.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:21 PM   #6
bearsr4real
i urlacher. i confused.

bearsr4real is on a distinguished road

the bears need a qb! hahahaha. oh and someone to replace briggs cause that cat ain't re-signing. he's made that all but crystal clear
bearsr4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:43 AM   #7
Ravana
Revolution w/b improvised

Ravana is on a distinguished road

Hard to say... since I don't really have one "team."

Steelers--probably ought to address RB. They've got a good one, but not a great one. Defensive secondary would be a good way to go, too.

Bengals--defense. Last year they were very good; this year they're sorry. Don't know what happened there.... Linebacker?

Bears--QB would be obvious... until you remember that for the first part of the season, Grossman was great. Don't know what happened there, either. Again, RB would be a good choice. The Bears are in a position where most of their game is functioning, though, so they have the luxury of being choosy: they don't have that many "needs."

49ers--here, on the other hand.... O-line is still their biggest problem; defense can be improved all the way around, but particularly front seven. LB, again, I'd say... though O-line should come first. Maybe they can get that through free agency.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:42 PM   #8
nojob67
Grizzled Veteran

nojob67 is on a distinguished road

Aren't the Bears expected to put the franchise tag on Briggs? Vasher and Tillman are free agents after this year as well and with all that money spent on Manning Jr. I doubt they can keep both so I think the Bears should draft another corner.

Or someone to help out Mike Brown...he seems to get hurt quite a bit.
nojob67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #9
nojob67
Grizzled Veteran

nojob67 is on a distinguished road

Nevermind, I think everything I just wrote was wrong. Sorry
nojob67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
Jaguar Rick
rick in nc

After watching the Jaguars run up and down the field today, and get beat by committing 4 turnovers that were turned into scores for the Titans, I now want a new qb!
Old 12-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #11
The Pirate Bob
All-Star Player

The Pirate Bob is on a distinguished road

My poor poor Cardinals need in this order:

1. A New Coach - sorry Denny

2. OL - need to get the best available with 1st pick, but I would like to see us pick up a good veteran in free agency too. You never know how quickly any rookie can and will make an impact.

3. Def Backfield - needs to be rearranged. We need an excellant fast cover corner and move Rolle to safety. He overpursues and misses tackles all alone out there on the corner, but is a gamer and has great intensity and size.

4. Wide Receiver - wouldn't think that would be a need, however I would like to see us draft a real burner that can keep defenses honest. Our ends are good, big, and effective, but aren't going to outrun anyone on a deep pass route. These 5-10 yard passes work, but you have to have a serious deep threat or every team will just play a red zone defense on you over the whole field.

Cardinals need an offensive coordinator that can be a bit more inventive and creative. Cards are getting good at what they are doing now on offense, but are just too predictable. If they can ever truly open it up and get a run blocking game, they will be unstoppable.

But of course they are the Cardinals, so shouldn't expect too much.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
Jaguar Rick
rick in nc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate Bob View Post
My poor poor Cardinals need in this order:

1. A New Coach - sorry Denny

2. OL - need to get the best available with 1st pick, but I would like to see us pick up a good veteran in free agency too. You never know how quickly any rookie can and will make an impact.

3. Def Backfield - needs to be rearranged. We need an excellant fast cover corner and move Rolle to safety. He overpursues and misses tackles all alone out there on the corner, but is a gamer and has great intensity and size.

4. Wide Receiver - wouldn't think that would be a need, however I would like to see us draft a real burner that can keep defenses honest. Our ends are good, big, and effective, but aren't going to outrun anyone on a deep pass route. These 5-10 yard passes work, but you have to have a serious deep threat or every team will just play a red zone defense on you over the whole field.

Cardinals need an offensive coordinator that can be a bit more inventive and creative. Cards are getting good at what they are doing now on offense, but are just too predictable. If they can ever truly open it up and get a run blocking game, they will be unstoppable.

But of course they are the Cardinals, so shouldn't expect too much.
Pirate Bob, I have watched the Cardinals a couple of times this season, and I think they looked pretty good, at least in the games I saw. They played the teams close which usually means with a little more time they'll start winning more games. Leinart? is a rookie, and no matter how good you were in college, it's a much faster game in the NFL. Don't despair, they'll come around.
rick
Old 12-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #13
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!

grifter is on a distinguished road

As for the Panthers, we need a O line that can run block as well as pass block. That has been the biggest weakness this year. Also some Dlineman and LB's. Our safetys and corners are good enough as long as Qb's are getting pressured at lest a little bit per game.

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
The Eagles need to do something about LB. Trotter is getting old and the other guys don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of wrapping guys up when they tackle. Unfortunately, the upcoming draft does not appear to be quite as deep at LB as this past draft was.

In that case, don't reach for a LB and draft supersize RB Michael Bush (6'3", 250) to pair with Westbrook - and with a likely final record of 9-7 the Eagles should find him still available when they pick in the first round, and in just the right spot where he wouldn't be considered a reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Either that or I would not mind seeing them try and move up to nab one of the big play receivers that should be out there. I'd love to see Stallworth back next year, but he seems to always be hurt.

The way Reggie Brown has moved forward this year, Stallworth's occasional hamstring woes are more than tolerable (and I do expect the Eagles to hold onto him). Not only that, but in addition to a power running back, both linebacker (especially outside LB) and defensive tackle far outrank wide receiver on the Eagles' needs list.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #15
Eternal Captain
Rookie Player

Eternal Captain is on a distinguished road

Rams need to re-enforce the O-line.
Eternal Captain is offline   Reply With Quote