Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #2746
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post

Just came back from eating Chinese food for lunch. I feel sick.

Gave that stuff up a long time ago. Only if it's a nice restaurant will I eat Chinese.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #2747
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Only if it's a nice restaurant will I eat Chinese.
Really?

You wouldn't consider some tasty home cookin'?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:56 AM   #2748
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Spammer twins...how cute.

What goes around, comes around...

edit: Thanks for 'takin' out the trash, Anthony :thumbup:

Last edited by Tarkus; 07-06-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #2749
themush
Banned

Going to the game and it's gonna rain. Yes I'm a poet.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #2750
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post

Sports? How about posting period.

At most we have about 3 posters who actively post with the # going as high as 4 or 5 at times for a short stretch. The rest are random posts & then nothing.

I keep waiting for a few noobs to jump on board but no activity means no one stays. This reminds me of that site with the kids. Just about the same activity & they just started.
I keep hoping some of the noobs that show up, make seven posts in a day, and then vanish will stick around.

I am usually on sabatical from here during this time, as I hate baseball, and nothing else is going on right now. College football will be back soon, at which time I'll be making more regular visits.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #2751
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Played my 1st ever game of golf yesterday. I drive great, except after the 1st 150 feet, the ball curves 980 degrees to the right. Anyone got any suggestions?
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #2752
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Play Tiger Woods on PS3?

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #2753
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Ellis signing in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceu6BWO4b84

(Shake it, don't break it.)
I just got up and I wish I had something more exciting to say.

This was pretty funny. Gotta love Macca's response at 1:46:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RABMeIg14ds&NR=1
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #2754
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Back from Myrtle Beach. And not a moment too soon. Now I see why they call it Redneck Riviera. I have never seen so many low-class, trashy people in my life. Tattoos everywhere, and a lot of obesity. It was really everything I hate about America condensed in one ugly package. Had some fun, of course, but overall, not the time or place to find young single attractive girls. Mostly families and tons of jailbait. Ugh.

Least I have a "date" with a cutie (Natalie Portman look-alike) at Charlotte's minor league baseball game this week. She said dinner, I said baseball game because it's Hooter's drink night and they have $2 beer. See, keeping it classy... :lol: But this one is promising, I like a girl who doesn't mind hot dogs and beer!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #2755
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Post from nowhere:

This site had (and still has) a good bit of college students. As they-- Nate, Lee, Heathen, etc.-- have grown older, I would assume that everyone has become more busy and maybe even grown out of sports.

On top of that, with the rise of Facebook and other networking sites, there are niche groups where you can talk about specific sports and teams. They also create a more personable experience because you can see pictures and things about the lives of the people you are posting with. For this reason, I am sure that less people are joining message boards.

Don't get me wrong, facebook and networking sites are retarded, but the future for message boards may be grim. In this fairly new world (I will not put the clichéd brave in front of new world), it almost seems as though actually taking the time to post is a good deal of work for young people

Now days, anything beyond updating your Facebook is too much of a hassle for the upcoming generation.

Just sayin'
I'll take your word for it Rob and I think that holds water...

BUT

the fact remains this site has a hostile, non-existent leadership tone to it (when it does chime in) plus the fact that when we were getting new people in here willing to post... said leadership (along with a few regulars) were absolutely dreadfull to the noobs.

Everyone that has been a member of this site for at least 4 years knows EXACTLY went wrong in here.

Oh yeah...hello everyone.

:thumbsup2:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #2756
themush
Banned

Crochety old man.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #2757
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Hey hey hey!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! I'm back in the good 'ol USA now. I got in on Friday the 4th and went down the Cape to meet my parents (no Internet of course!! ). We had a great weekend out on the boat doing water sports and swimming.

I'm back in Boston now at my sister's house. We are going to the Redsox game tonight (vs Twins) so that should be fun.

Sorry I have not been around for a while. I have been super busy in Iraq and then on June 12th my Grandmother had passed away. It was during game 4 of the NBA finals. She was a lifelong Celtics fan (and Redsox of course) so it was nice that she went really peaceful during the 4th quarter comeback. My sister and mother were at her side. But anyway, I came home for the services so basically I left Iraq, went to Kuwait, got to Boston for about 5 days, then back to Kuwait, Iraq, ect, ect... hung out in Iraq for a week and then came right back!! Traveling has been soooo tiring. But its good to be home now. And I look forward to catching up with everyone.

Ok, well I'm actually gonna try to grab a nap now, and then its off to Fenway. We got some sweet seats right on the 3rd baseline so I'll get some cool pics to post.

Later.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #2758
themush
Banned

Sorry to hear about you grandma.

Now lets talk avatars.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #2759
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

thanks man...

Oh boy... Avatars... Yeah, when I was in Kuwait heading out I caught the ESPN Wed game at like 6am... and the Redsox lost and I heard them say "that completes the sweep"... I was like WTF???!!!

So does that mean I you have an avatar for me??? ha ha I can only imagine...
Old 07-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #2760
themush
Banned

Nah fair is fair. I can't call it after the series is over. But, let's agree no matter if both of us are MIA we bet?

BTW don't watch SportsCenter all they are talking about are the Rays..:lol: