Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 10-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about
Default UGA beats Florida!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words cannaot express the joy I feel right now!!!! I'll be back to add more later, but just wanted to introduce everyone to mush's new avatar.

Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Gator fans, meet Knowshon Moreno. He'll be around for a while. And this team is young. They'll be better next year.

I'm sorry mush and Sue. I don't mean to gloat so much. It's just been so much suffering for so long, this is the only game I care about anymore. All that emotion tends to bring out the worst in me.

Last edited by Dublin Mike; 10-27-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

No apologies necessary Mike - Congrats to you & your Dawgs, they brought their A game to the Gator Bowl and never let up.....
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Thanks Sue.

*sigh* I was actually pulling for SC tonight, but looks like the Vols are going to take care of business. An SC win this week, then UF winning in Columbus would put UGA in 1st in the East. (if they could win out that is.)

Can you believe I'm worried about a let down next week vs Troy?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #5
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

I think you can do better than that for an avatar Mike. I wonder if there's any pics on the internet showing a dog eating an alligator.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Trust me Ken, I have googled every possible word come I could think of, and came up w/nothing. If you guys can find one, I'm sure mush wouldn't mind.

edit: Where the hell is everyone? It's the day after and I want to discuss the big game dammit!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Trust me Ken, I have googled every possible word come I could think of, and came up w/nothing. If you guys can find one, I'm sure mush wouldn't mind.

edit: Where the hell is everyone? It's the day after and I want to discuss the big game dammit!
Ok Mike. Tell us how ya did it.

I actually watched this game (I had a 4-TV system setup). :thumbup:

As much as we've heard about Tebow and the spread and whether or not they need to run the RB more...is it just me or has Florida's defense gone completely in the toilet this year? After the WKU game I think teams are lightin' 'em up for over 30 a game.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

78, I'm still beaming. This was so friggin great, I'm still in ecstasy. In all honesty, I thought we were going to get crushed. No way would we be able to keep up w/UF after the way we played all season. But this game was almost flawless. Stafford and Moreno both dominated, and the defense put Tebow on his backside all day.

I almost bumped the Tebow thread Jeff put up a while back, where I made the point that Tebow couldn't keep up the pace he was going all season. It was obvious yesterday that they could not run him the way they wanted. They must get a feature back to help carry the load. No one can take that pounding.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #9
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
78, I'm still beaming. This was so friggin great, I'm still in ecstasy. In all honesty, I thought we were going to get crushed. No way would we be able to keep up w/UF after the way we played all season. But this game was almost flawless. Stafford and Moreno both dominated, and the defense put Tebow on his backside all day.

I almost bumped the Tebow thread Jeff put up a while back, where I made the point that Tebow couldn't keep up the pace he was going all season. It was obvious yesterday that they could not run him the way they wanted. They must get a feature back to help carry the load. No one can take that pounding.
Yeah, I even liked the play-calling from what I saw (again, I was watchin' 4 games at once). Even that play action from the 1-yard line where Stafford got picked was a good call...just poorly executed.

It will be interesting to see what Meyer does to change the offense next year. Golden Boy will be a junior and ready to leave for the NFL. He'll want to be in one piece and surely want to showcase his ability to function in an NFL style offense. Getting sacked 6 times cuz the D can ignore the RB is gonna come up sooner or later.

LOL at bringin' up that thread Jeff started. He also berated me for not having Florida in my Top Ten.

Not to keep pounding on Meyer (gets a devilish grin) but this is what happens when you follow the media hype. Up until yesterday (and who knows about this week) all we kept hearing was Tebown for Heisman.

Christ, they have no defense and no rushing attack out of the spread that can keep the defense honest. Plus the D line is horrid.

With the talent and coaching ability Meyer truly has...this season should have never went down like it has.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #10
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

I think the pass probably would have worked had it not been play action. Just took to long to develop. Now Stafford must play the way he did yesterday consistently.

That's an interesting scenario. The offense can be scaled back some and work, just look at what it did for Alex Smith. Makes you wonder if Tebow will leave after his Jr year. Of course, Stafford is a Jr next year as well. *shudders*
Old 10-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #11
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
I think the pass probably would have worked had it not been play action. Just took to long to develop. Now Stafford must play the way he did yesterday consistently.

That's an interesting scenario. The offense can be scaled back some and work, just look at what it did for Alex Smith. Makes you wonder if Tebow will leave after his Jr year. Of course, Stafford is a Jr next year as well. *shudders*
Well, the play action was meant to bring that DB up but he didn't bite. Wouldn't have mattered cuz that ball was thrown so poorly.

On Florida's offense:

This is why I despise the spread offense even if it doesn't relate to me.

Too often it's hard to find an identity in it and keep it. Florida plays in too tough of a league to get away clean with how they run it (Tebow takin' all those shots).

Meyer should scrap this strategy and rework his attack next year. Florida shouldn't be struggling to find a good RB with their talent, ability and rep.

Mush mentioned they needed the RB to pass-block somewhere on these boards earlier. True but why the hell would that be necessary at Florida?

The Gators problems go far beyond Tebow's bum shoulder or ego at this point.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #12
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Clearly, Florida had a letdown after getting so amped up to play a quality opponent the week before ... Kentucky. :lol:

Congrats, Mike. Let's hope my Cats can lick their wounds over their bye and give Georgia a good game later this season.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #13
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Hey mush, what's your take on the celebration? While controversial, don't you think it breathed life back into this rivalry?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #14
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

I have mixed emotions on the celebration. I understand UGA was counting on coming out and punching UF in the mouth, I didn't think a coach should tell his players to pull that kind of s hit. Reminds me of scUM back in the 80's. What if UF runs out on to the field as a reaction? Now you have 90+ people in a fight in the endzone. Very dangerous move IMO.

That said... it was kinda cool.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #15
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

What did Oscar Meyer say about it? I didn't read his press conference notes yet. Did he wipe his tears with Tebow's bloody jersey?